Saturday, May 24, 2014

Writhing in the Sun Garden

Salvia, Gaura, and Agastache.
“Strangely unbalanced without the touch, Brevyn grabbed the doctor’s hand and placed it flat against his heart. Only then did he open his eyes.

There was a knot, a wretched tangle, of something unspeakable in his throat that Brevyn desperately wanted to cough out. It was stuck, though, wedged firmly between “I can’t” and “I can.”” (Writhe, page 155)

A good Saturday morning to you all!

I must confess that it is somewhat weird finally having a release date for my 15th novel (this Tuesday, May 27, by the way *grins*).

For so long I’ve been bellyaching about it sitting in limbo somewhere out there in publishing-house-land that promoting a book I wrote so many months ago is a little strange. It’s like raving about the Thanksgiving Dinner you fixed in November while sitting amongst the daisies in June. It’s a bit freaky and I feel like everybody is thinking me rather odd.

Oh, well. I’ve been thought of far worse.

Sprinkled in and about today’s writing will be a spot or two of gardening.

A few days ago I bought three new beauties to put in my freshly established sun garden. From left to right in the picture above, the lovelies are… Salvia, Gaura and Agastache. I hope to get these settled in their new home today.

Everyone, please have a spectacular Saturday!

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment