Sunday, May 25, 2014

Lost to the Sand-Weevils of Time


“Brevyn Steed.

Just the sound of his name sent something hot and melty pull- ing at Sam’s heart. It tinted everything a warm umber, casting all in an imaginary candlelight. Reluctantly, Sam closed his eyes. He didn’t trust this thing between them, didn’t trust its staying power past this one current breath.” (Writhe, page 120)

 


Today is indeed brighter.

The panic which had been frothing up from its poorly buried depths yesterday has calmed to nothing more than an occasional murmur of ill-content.

I can handle a murmur.

Writing will be a matter of my spiriting the boring stretches of car races into something fruitful, or at least trying to.

Both the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 will be taking up huge stretches of my attention today. Luckily, racing is a sport ideal for accompanying writing jags. (This might be one of those Chloe-things not applicable to any other human being on the face of the planet, but I share it nonetheless.)

It’s funny but I’m having to dig up from memory how to promote a release day. All the little tricks, all those juicy nooks of the web where a post announcing the arrival of a book on market truly gets noticed I’m having to scrounge up from my still-with-a-uterus days of 17 months ago.

I can’t believe it’s been that long since I’ve had anything published.

Wow.

I took last year off from the m/m romance market. After my hysterectomy I wanted to take time to enjoy a life without deadlines every three months, without word quotas, without the hurry-up-and-wait of the writing world. So I did.

Of course, I could hardly give up writing. It is my passion after all. Other projects such as The Sun and the Sand Cat f/m romance thriller off at a literary agent’s office right now filled last year. So it was definitely time well spent.

But…

Seventeen months is a long time.

I just hope the m/m bandwagon still has room for Chloe Stowe.

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment