Sunday, May 11, 2014

Allowing Giddy to Trump Pity

On a morning when I expected my latent self-pity to crawl and scrap its way up through all the really superb stuff I’ve been blessed with, I am instead surprised to find a grin riding high upon my face.

Care for an explanation?

My pleasure.

First off, the expected pity was to have come from the fact that it is Mother’s Day and I will never be a mother. (Having your uterus cut out does that to a girl. *smirks*)  The planned for pity would have only been brief and tiny and relatively easy to swat away, but it should have been there.

But…

A giddy grin arrived instead in the form of an email from Dreamspinner Press.

I just received a whole set of promotional images for the release of “Ravenscar” next month. (You remember our joint effort of writing a short story against the clock in the early February? The little 10k story that could? The little story that did? The story that will be published by Dreamspinner in June as part of their Mended Anthology? Yep, I’m talking that one.)

I’ve got 2-sided postcards, bookmarks with a bleed, a Facebook Timeline banner, a small web banner and thumbnails.

Wow!

Freaking wow, right?!

Forgive my utter enthusiasm but with Writhe still stuck in a cover queue at Ravenous, this promotional package for little “Ravenscar” has just thrilled me.  My first experience with working at Dreamspinner has been a phenomenal one so far, so please pardon this spate of giggles.

Speaking of which, here’s to wishing you all your own cache of chuckles this Mother’s Day!

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment