Friday, May 16, 2014

Where Have All the Godmothers Gone?

Under featureless skies and with an unseasonable chill in the air, I return to Tallahassee today.

If it wasn’t for the seven hour trip to get there, I’d be all giggles right now. But with that looooong ride staring in my face, I’ll settle for a smirk of appreciation.

My garden will most likely be toast, as in kaput. The roses, the palm tree, the kumquat and the pomegranate should still be kicking though. The tomatillos and baby hibiscuses that didn’t make the trip up to parent-land are probably long gone. *sighs*

But at least my mother has a vegetable garden for the first time in a couple of years and a concrete bed full of thirty-one designer Daylilies to go ga-ga over in the coming years. So, all in all not a bad trade.

One would expect that I’d get a lot of work done today as I play passenger in a car that is not my own. (SIDE NOTE: I get my car back tomorrow after a month in the body shop!) However, by now we are all well aware of my grand writing plans going awry.

Oh, I get the work done, just not during the sensible hours I’m often allowed. Give me a week on the beach with nothing but pen and paper and you won’t see a single useable paragraph out of the girl. Give me stolen moments between clusterf*cks and you’ll get one heck of a story. *lol*

Needless to say, tonight’s posting might be a little later than usual but it will be there before the clock strikes twelve… now, if I could only get my Fairy Godmother to get me to Tallahassee in a blink all would be great with this crazy Cinderella.

Have a magical Friday, everyone!

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment