Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Moment Fleeting

I was introduced to a grubbing hoe today… and let’s just say the relationship was stormy from the start.

I tried to understand him, tried to appreciate all his rough spots and hard edges.

Unfortunately, he did little to accommodate me and my little quirks, particularly my soft writer’s hands and weak, thinking-woman wrists.

He was immoveable in his stuck-up stances which I found impossible to handle.

We worked hard at it though. I sweated and slaved over our coming together, while he occasionally did amaze with his brute strength.

Cutting and harsh, powerful and destructive, we dug up the world for a brief, shining moment.

Then as quickly as it had begun, it was over.

He returned to his family of farm tools; I turned back to my words.

But our brief moment in time will always be memorialized by the American Beautyberry Bush under which we met.

The end.

Post Note… The above is the concise history of Chloe Stowe’s planting of her mother’s American Beautyberry Bush today. For the sake of any little ones who stumble upon this story, all references to fiendish petrified roots and elderberry creatures have been edited from this tale.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment