Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Question from the Big-Headed Author in the First Row

*steps up to the blog mike and croons a little Katy Perry’s “Roar!”*

*the world cringes*

*steps away from the mike and begs forgiveness*

Yes, I made it not only to the movie theater but through the entire movie!

I’m feeling empowered and I just might get a little obnoxious about it. *lol*

Just kidding.

A question came up while enjoying my first summer blockbuster in many years…

Am I the only writer who goes to a movie and in between all the action sequences and contrived angst comes up with ways that I could have made it better?

Special effects, directing, acting, set design, costumes, make-up, I wouldn’t dare to touch any of those areas with a ten foot pole, but the writing…

*Grrr!*

Talk about an ego this girl right here has got, right?

Screenwriting must be incredibly difficult, an entirely different beast than piecing together novels. I realize this. I do. But…

*Grrr!*

Does good storytelling always have to be sacrificed for blockbuster status?

Just a question from a writer with a head probably way too big for her skill.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment