Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Writer's Cramp: The Diagnosis

Symptom... Uncooperative goats appear.
These last few days when laying down words on paper has come as easily as pulling teeth from an uncooperative goat, I’ve decided Chloe Stowe is suffering from…

*drum rolls ominously*

Writer’s Cramp.

I can write, but, crap, it hurts.

Thankfully this condition is not nearly as serious as the universally feared - Writer’s Block.

*shivers and tosses salt over left shoulder… one can never be too careful when even mentioning the big WB*

For example, last night I was able to improve on my measly 100 words to up the day’s total to a frankly surprising 500. A case of WB and I would have been stopped in my tracks at perhaps 103. With Writer’s Cramp I was able to, with much grunting, a little cursing and shedding a few pain-filled tears, add that extra 400 in about 4 hours.

4 freaking hours to write 400 words.

Yep, Writer’s Cramp.

In this evening’s blog I’ll give you a few ways to work through the Cramp.

I’d reveal these sparkling gems of wisdom (sarcasm, here) this morning, but my dog’s got her vet/grooming appointment in an hour and, well, I just can’t wait to get that hellish round of worrying started. *lol*

SIDE NOTE: I’ve been so rushed this morning that I haven’t even been able to read my comments yet. I hate that. I’m sorry. But expect replies this afternoon! Thank you for your ever-growing patience.

Please, wish my dog luck on her trip to the big Doc’s house.

Thanks.

*smiles*

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment