Monday, May 5, 2014

Remember the Lumbering Beast

Monday has lumbered back into our lives again, loaded down with all of the must-do’s the weekend had been gracious enough to turn a blind eye to.

I am so not looking forward to the baggage the day will be dumping at my feet. Let’s have a look at what will be squishing my poor, undefended toes this morning…

1.) Got to call the body shop about the state of my brand new, little Civic which was laid low by a big, hulking Ford Explorer on April 19th. Repairs, which will include two new doors, new panels over the front wheel and a whole bunch of other crap I have no idea what it does or where it goes, are scheduled to be done May 16. Time to check if that’s still the big day. (Remember: talking to body shops, mechanics and the like always leaves me feeling dumb as a corn flake.)

2.) Have to eat at some point. Yuck. (Remember: a disdain for eating is one of the more unusual quirks to the Chloe Stowe madness.)

3.) Waiting on my mother’s regular checkup at the doctor’s. I tuck this must-do here in the middle of the list hoping it will disappear altogether. (Remember: an utter belief that Fate is about to strike me and my loved ones down is one of the very worst symptoms of my mental illness.)

4.) Got to think about writing Ravenous Romance for a check on Writhe’s progress.  I’m not quite sure yet if I’m going to give them one more day to hear from them about either the cover or the release date. It’s been almost 2 months since I turned Book One of “The Lion and the Series” in and 2 weeks since I last heard from them, so I think a check/nudge is appropriate, right? Right? (Remember:  I hate to nudge.)

5.) Another 750 words on Book Two of “The Lion and the Steed” series is on the plate today. While this is hardly a burden, it is a little disheartening to write on a sequel to something whose original’s release date is still up in the air.

So, as you can no doubt see my poor defenseless toes won’t necessarily be broken by today’s load of must-do’s, but they will be badly bruised. I’m particularly worried about my littlest toe. It’s particularly fragile to Mondays.

*chuckles*

Have a great Monday, everyone!

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment