Friday, May 2, 2014

Don't Look Up... Doubt Might Be Flying Low

Having cranked out 550 of the required 750 words for the day (and I do mean cranked, folks – think roller skates on gravel or swimming through Louisiana mud), I am wholly unprepared for writing this blog.

Apologies.

Apologies written on really nice stationary spritzed with Chanel No. 5.

In between painstakingly pulling sentences out of my head at the pace of a tortoise heading uphill against the wind, I have been to three nurseries. I am proud to report that my mother’s vegetable garden is now fully stocked with tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and okra. Her late summer harvest should be magnificent!

Now if I could just borrow a speck of that magnificence and apply it to today’s work on Book Two of “The Lion and the Steed” series, I’d be ever so grateful. I’d even promise to return the speck freshly laundered come late July.

Smut, after all, can be lovely fertilizer.

*chuckles tiredly*

 My career is going to grow, right?

Right?

*sighs*

Apologies again.

A big, freaking Doubt bird just crapped on my head.

Pardon me. I think it’s time for a shower.

Have a great Friday night and watch your heads, everyone!

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment