Monday, May 5, 2014

Ducking the Sickle of Fate

Meekly, I come to you this Monday afternoon and confess that I have written a mere 100 out of my 750 word quota for the day.

*head hangs low in shame*

I couldn’t even tell you what I’ve spent the day doing either.

I did make a potato salad if that helps my case at all?

*looks hopefully at the audience…*

*face falls*

No, I didn’t think it would.

On news brighter than my complete failure as a professional writer today, my mother got an excellent report at the doctor’s. Thank God.

Now, I’ve only got my dog going to the vet tomorrow for her yearly checkup and a much needed groom. I hate when she goes to the vet. That sickle of Fate I was talking about this morning hangs particularly those days.

Then, I have my father off to the doctor on Wednesday morning. (More Fate-sickling. *sighs*)

If I get through these days with a useful shred of sanity intact, my car is still on schedule to be ready on the 16th. Confetti time!

Tomorrow, I nudge Ravenous Romance and see when Writhe will be hitting the stores. Looking forward to that nudging, let me tell you.

Tonight, I’m cracking down on that remaining 650 words and bringing them in whether they like it or not… Yeah, well, I’m watching “FBI Story” with Jimmy Stewart. Police grit is rubbing off all over me. *lol*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe, the 100 word failure

No comments:

Post a Comment