Saturday, May 10, 2014

Where the Tulips Won't Grow

After a Creature Feature night of really bad dreams, I am fluttering only a bit above the 80 percent mark this morning.

Take any necessary precautions.

This is your only warning.

*smirks*

Upping my mood considerably is “28 Days Later” accompanying this blog writing. One of my favorite zombie movies of all time (the original “Night of the Living Dead” leading the pack), it makes one realize that “Heh, my life’s not so bad after all. Undead would be way worse than this.”

After all, all things are relative.

For example, while my royalty check I just received for my entire 14 novel oeuvre barely topped the 3 digit mark, it is money coming in from writing. A lot of people never get to see even that one royalty check. I’m very lucky to have been getting one every 3 months for the last 4 years.

Every little bit helps.

It’s a step in the right direction.

A drop in the bucket is worth a heck of a lot more than an empty bucket…

And all those other clichéd “make you feel better” sayings are trying desperately to take root in my head this morning, but it’s not easy going. The ground in my skull is hard as a rock today and is not taking to the planting of upbeat ideas quite yet.

But I’ll keep tilling at it, turning the crap in my head over until it’s ready again for something green and cheery.

*sighs*

Well, now that I’ve managed to bring the entire room down into the lower 80’s with me, my work here is done.

Sorry.

Like I’ve said before, this full disclosure thing I’ve promised you isn’t always roses and tulips.

Here there be occasional dry, cracked patches of earth.

Apologies that you have stumbled upon one.

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment