Monday, May 19, 2014

A Matchstick Dawn

Blearily, I stumble to the blog this morning.

Eyes propped open with matchsticks, Kleenex box armed and at the ready, Errol Flynn looking dashing in a funny hat (“Charge of the Light Brigade” is on television. I am not to the point of hallucinating dead screen legends quite yet.) I am here to give you all that I’ve got.

However, I wouldn’t expect much. I am sitting here with crude fire-starters alarmingly close to my eyeballs, my allergies overnight have turned gruesome and the only bright spot bright enough to see past the lingering nightmares is a dead screen legend wearing a silly hat.

Can I go back to bed yet?

Apparently the answer to that is a resounding “Um, no.”

My literary stardom beckons!

(To fully appreciate the irony in the above ridiculous statement, please see last night’s post “Hush, Hush, Sweet Whore”… one of my most imaginative titles, you’ve got to admit. *chuckles*)

Hopefully, I will at least hear from somebody today, be it prospective literary agent or Ravenous Romance. I hold out realistic hope for neither, but, heck, I’m a dreamer.

Please wish me well in avoiding burning my eyes out of my head as I sneeze my sinuses out my nose.

Thank you and have a great day.

Until tonight…

Chloe and Errol wearing a funny hat

No comments:

Post a Comment