Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Value of a Few Words

Apologies for the lateness of this morning’s post.

Yesterday’s gardening through rock all for the sake of a few baby cucumbers, tee-tiny tomatoes and my beautiful, strong, babied-from-seed tomatillos leaves a body with a hangover.

Thankfully, a quick check of the garden this morning revealed all to be well in vegetable happy-land. In other words, no clods of dirt were tossed at me when I dared to show my face outside.

Got to keep the plants happy.

*chuckles*

I have heard back from Ravenous Romance this morning and everything is good.

*sighs hugely in relief*

Apparently they are still experiencing a backlog on covers and that’s the reason for the delay in Writhe’s release. My publisher still wants Book Two on July 1 which I take as a very positive sign.

Most of my anxiety about Writhe’s delay, I think, stems from my experience last year with Noble Romance. 

The former publishing house closed up shop only a few months after releasing my f/m historical novella “To Steal the Sunrise.” By the point of that release they were hardly interested in any kind of promotion. I think, maybe, they sold 4 copies of the story I slaved over for months and months. I earned less than $2 for that whole project.

But, and I think this is a huge “but,” I finally got a story published in mainstream (i.e. f/m) romance. That upped the value of my resume tremendously, especially as I’m looking to move into the big waters now.

Bottom line, I guess, is that sometimes a project’s worth isn’t measured by a few coins in the pocket, but in a few words on your cover letter.

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment