Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Ratting Horde of Creativity

Creativity fled today like a horde of rats out of a burning barn.

Admittedly not a very pretty picture, but sometimes the truth is a little wretched on the senses.

I had nothing today.

I plopped down the interview with MMGoodBookReviews in front of me and raised my trusty pen in the air fully prepared to thrill the reading masses… and I went blank.

All power to the “thrilling the reading masses” station had not only been turned off but the darn wires had been disconnected and sold on Ebay.

It was ugly.

Rats out of a burning barn ugly.

Thankfully, the rest of my day went a lot prettier.

A trip to the nursery with my mom led to a glorious Penta invasion. Pink, white and red petals have flooded my front yard in a cascade of summer.

Unfortunately the Pentas did not halt the fleeing of the rodents… You know, only a wacked out writer would find that thought disappointing. *chuckles*

Hopefully all of your rats stay put tonight, fellow authors.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment