Tuesday, May 20, 2014

To Tickle Never-Healing Scars

Have you ever noticed how a Tuesday crawls up on you like a big, hairy spider who’s made it all the way up your pant leg before you finally notice it sitting on your stomach?

No?

How strange. Have you considered getting psychiatric help?

*smirks*

*pops some Prozac*

*carries on*

Anyhow, it’s looking to be a big mental challenge kind of a day for me… I’m going to a movie in an actual theater!

Now, before the world collaborates on a giant eye roll, let me remind you of the chronic panic disorder that has over the last 23 years managed to nibble away whole chunks of my life.

Not looking for pity here, only for a bit of understanding.

Despite all my intentions of trying to get the Chloe Stowe name out there in the literary world, I realize that probably the true reason I’ve been sent on the blogging path is to shed a speck of light into mental illness. This is one of those times. (Isn’t this your lucky day? *lol*)

I haven’t been to a movie theater in several years. I know I can do it. I’ve done it dozens of times over the “affected years” but since it’s been a while I’m feeling a little hinky about it.

Nothing bad.

Nothing tragic.

Just a little tickle at some scars that won’t heal.

Please, wish me luck on my little matinee outing.

Update this evening for any who would care to peek.

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment