Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Desert Wanderer

A happy announcement to make to you this Mother’s Day afternoon… Book Two of “The Lion and the Steed” series is one-quarter complete!

You may now sound your trumpets while I hurry the choir up on the stage.

One can never have too many Hallelujahs in their day.

*grins*

Writing this afternoon has taken a rightful backseat to celebrating my mother.

A culinary feast is painstakingly being prepared. Made from scratch Focaccia has swallowed up most of my time. The first batch of dough I had to toss when it just laid there on the table dead as a freaking doornail no matter how much sweet kneading I gave it. Five cups of flour, the culprit yeast, a dash of salt and some water and olive oil made their exit stage left in a trash bag around eleven this morning.

The second batch, I am happy to report, is progressing nicely. While it’s enjoying its third rising of the day and before I jump into the making of a rhubarb cobbler, I am here blogging... duh. *smirks*

Later, when I should be writing about my boys settling into the next stage of their rather exciting lives, I will most likely still be embroiled in a pasta dish chocked full of eggs, cream and a manly touch of bacon.

Then, perhaps, I will turn back with a sigh to my pursuits of literary grandeur… i.e. that castle in the sky I’m trudging through the sands of the Dead Sea to reach.

*scratches her head and wonders where the heck that came from*

Alrighty-then.

I think I’ve been out in that darn Dead Sea sun too long.  Perhaps it’s best if I go back inside and leave you nice people alone now?

Yep, I think that’s a very good idea.

Apologies, mates.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe, the desert wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment