Thursday, May 22, 2014

When Inspiration Runs Dry

With a little bit of “Poltergeist” activity accompanying me on the television screen this morning, I welcome you to Thursday.

It is one of those a.m.’s when inspiration in any form has failed to make an appearance.

There certainly have been no grand ideas arriving on a thunderbolt.

Neither have any old fashioned light bulbs popped up above my head. (I checked in the bathroom mirror this morning, just to be absolutely sure. *winks*)

Leaving no stone unturned, I even dug around in my backyard for a good while looking for those elusive seeds of brilliance. But I got nothing.

If this is a sign of how today’s creative process is going to run, I might just call in sick.

Perhaps as the day grows from dawn’s leavings to a full robust noon, a bolt, a bulb or a seed might pop in for an unexpected visit.

It is my full belief that these days without inspiration nipping excitedly at your heels are the times that a writer earns his chops.

Writing can be hard and grueling work. I think we authors forget that sometimes when the creative flow washes over us in beautiful regularity.

Hopefully this spate of drought will pass in a blink of an eye.

Is the blink over yet?

*smiles sadly*

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment