Sunday, March 2, 2014

Writhing in the Hibiscus -or- Sunday at Chloe's


Hello, Hibiscus! Welcome to my world.
As Sunday winks over the horizon, I struggle to gather my thoughts together into any type of coherency. But by all means, please, pull up a chair have a spot of tea while I babble like a squirrel.

I’m going to a baseball game this afternoon, and the excitement of that has apparently rotted my brain. I’m not panicking, yet (I’m sure I’ll have a measure of that before long). I’m simply flighty. Imagine a butterfly struggling in a dust devil and you’ve got me…

Would you like sugar with your tea?

*grins*

Before I raid the animal kingdom for any more colorful metaphors, let’s talk work.

With all the working ahead I did yesterday, I’ve only got 570 words of editing, buffing, spitting and shining left to do on Writhe today. (SIDE NOTE: Writhe is the title of Book One of my “Lion & Steed” series due March 15. The big title reveal was yesterday. Feel free to scamper back and catch up; you’re apparently not going to miss much here this morning. *sighs*)

So, I’ve got my work cut down to a manageable bit for today. Bravo, Chloe. Now, if only Chloe could get her crap together and stop acting like a hyper Labrador puppy, we’d all be much happier with this blog.  (Yes, another animal reference. Apparently I’m feeling a little Dr. Doolittle today. Pardon.)

On a note much happier than the impending cracking of the big nut between my ears, my Pink Swirl Hibiscus seedlings I’ve started in the window of my office have sprouted! This is my first time ever trying to start seeds inside and I’m as happy as a lark (animal reference #503 of this post) about it. You can see a few of my 15 tiny sproutlings above. Ah, life! Ain’t it cool?

Before I try to work a lemur or possibly a toad into this blog, I will leave you. Wish me luck on my big outing to the ballpark. This is going to be spectacular (or psychological torture to the nth degree)…

Ah, life with Chloe. Ain’t it ridiculous?

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment