Saturday, March 22, 2014

Brain Rot: The Scourge of Saturday Morning News

Chapter Two:
“Samuel.” Brevyn’s deep voice purred like some insane crossbreed of a Mustang and a Ferrari. (Writhe, page 20)

Why must Saturday morning newscasts be dumbed to a kindergartener’s level?

Children are not watching the news networks early on a weekend morning. Heck, most adults aren’t watching the news networks early on a weekend morning.

For the few of us who are watching though, could you please up the level of the incessant host chatter to at least something palatable to a grownup’s brain?

Please?

If not, I will be forced to turn it to SpongeBob for some intelligent conversation.

*Frank nods his agreement from the end of the couch*

Moving on…

I hope to actually get some work done today. Yesterday, as I reported last night, was pretty much a bust thanks to Targeting and the idiosyncrasies of my brain. Sometimes being Chloe is really no fun at all.

I did manage to force myself into writing another 250 words on Book Two of “The Lion & the Steed” series for Ravenous Romance last night. The words were painfully slow in coming but the result was surprisingly very good. Usually if things are going that slow the result is something just a tick above rubbish. Not so this time. A pleasant surprise indeed.

Still no news on the release date for Writhe. I’m thinking sometime late next week or maybe early the next. With my luck it will be April Fools’ Day.

How freaking apropros.

*chuckles*

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment