Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Cotton Candy Before the Storm

http://www.mosamuse.com/vintage-candy/
Image found at MosaMuse.com
Any day in which I can blog outside, sitting barefoot in my very favorite chair on my very favorite, albeit only, tiny deck, I deem as grand.

March 8, 2014 is officially grand.

Please, mark that on your calendar, everyone. What do you say if I meet you back at this very spot same day next year? Perhaps I’ll even make punch.

Fluffy, cotton candy-like nonsense aside, I guess we should talk about work.

Just think, this time next week, Writhe will hopefully be all finished, the blurb complete and nothing but a final format check to do before I hit (gleefully, ecstatically, exhaustedly) that beautiful “SEND” button. The world will breathe a sigh of relief, and I will collapse into an ungainly lump of unidentifiable mush.

Talk about a grand ending, right? *chuckles*

But before I get there, I’ve got a lot of work to do.

As planned, I did get the rest of the completely written bits and pieces of the book all checked and polished to a dazzling shine. The Ticker from Madness has climbed to…

                                    4,000 words today (making a total of 38K ready for that big SEND button)

It’s a little lower word count than I had expected (I was aiming for the lower 40’s), but I went ahead and excluded several scenes that aren’t particularly necessary to the storyline and which can be easily refitted for Books Two and Three of the “Lion & Steed” series…

So, yes, I did sneak the chainsaw out of the literary garage a little early. But if Chloe Stowe is anything, she is a rebel… a rebel threatening punch.

Excuse me, while I tumble to the floor and laugh a bit, will ya?

Until tomorrow when “The Game is on!”…

Chloe, with a killer BBC Sherlock habit… Now, that is truly grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment