Thursday, March 6, 2014

Blooms on the Moustache: When Blogging Gets a Litlle Weird

http://www.salvadordali.com/
Salvador Dali
After an industrious day of work yesterday, I’m flailing a bit this morning.

Could be the weather? (wet, stormy, wet)

Could be the first edits for “Ravenscar” from Dreamspinner Press waiting (waiting like a zombie hawk perched on the back of my chair, ready to tear my throat out to quench its insane thirst for a writer’s blood… um, yeah, never mind) for me to go over today?

Could be finishing up Writhe is going too smoothly” (nine days to go before the deadline and I’m good… I know that won’t last)

Could be I’m just a little crazier this morning than usual? (I’d lay money on this one, folks)

Whatever the cause, I’m a bit scatterbrained this Thursday morning. So deleting this blog entirely from your memory may be an option you’ll want to explore.

As Writhe’s deadline, and hence its ultimate release, gets ever so closer to us all, I’ll start sharing some of the nitty gritty of formatting a novel for its big journey to the publishing house. While almost every publisher will give you a list of what they want in that final format, it’s a lot easier to start working these formatting changes into your book before that final day. (Trust me. Been there, done that, still slapping back the nightmares)

Hopefully, this will give all you newbie author a heads-up… and I’ll try desperately not to make it as boring as it sounds. (Think marching bands and clowns…. Or, better yet, nix the clowns. I provide enough creepiness all on my own without having to invite rubber-nosed extras.)

Alrighty-then.

I believe I have sufficiently taken a small, needless nibble out of everyone’s day now, so I will retreat until I can sweep up my stray thoughts into something, if not pretty, at least artistic for tonight’s blog. (Think Salvador Dali… confusing as hell but definitely having its “Wow!” moments.)

Well, I hope this blog at least brought a little chuckle to your morning, as its intrinsic value is basically crap.

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment