Sunday, March 23, 2014

Whale Issues

Sunday has arrived in a bank of fog. Not London or San Francisco fog, but swamp fog. The kind of fog that dilutes everything into a general state of blah. Yuck.

Chapter Three’s “A Taste of Writhe” will be appearing in the late showing of today’s blog. The brain cells are slow to fire up this morning. I need at least a couple of them functioning to pick out an appropriate amuse bouche to tantalize your reading buds.

Surprisingly, Frank (the specter of Writhe’s imminent failure) looks to be losing a little weight. He doesn’t quite fill out the entire end of the couch anymore. I see cushions now.

Of course, we’ll all take this apparent progress with a grain of salt. Once the release date for Writhe has been officially set, Frank will no doubt bloat. He might even start to smell. Not to worry, I have my Febreze at the ready so the sofa will not be lost…

Unless Frank swallows me whole. At that point I’d appreciate some aid being sent my way. Perhaps a rescue unit or two. Sirens might be nice.

Other than avoiding playing Jonah to my own imaginary whale, I’ll be working on Book Two of “The Lion & the Steed” series today. My short story “Sicily” will also get some time.  

In a few days I’d like to set up a deadline for completing “Sicily.” Once I know the release date for Writhe and when I can expect to hit Frank’s digestive tract, I’ll be able to set up firm dates. (SIDE NOTE: We will not discuss the firm dates I’d already set up for “Sicily.” Those dates have long since passed and exist in my mind no longer. Poof! They’re gone, along with any nasty guilt residue they might have left behind.)

Now that I have digressed into ninny babble, I will leave you to your Sunday morning.

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment