Thursday, March 6, 2014

Breathing Issues


When a day drives me to Youtube, there have been issues.

Let me explain… I don’t enjoy Youtube. Never have, never will. I go there only when necessity demands it.

This necessity could be as professional as watching tourist videos of a particular destination I’m writing about but have never ventured to myself.

This need could also, occasionally, in my weakest fangirl moments, include feeding my Hawaii Five-O or Sherlock fix. (But shhh… we won’t mention this since it would detract from my highly professional image I’m cultivating here, ok? *winks*)

Anyhow…

When a day drives me to Youtube on any errand other than those two, it’s usually time to hide the sharp implements.

Case in point…

After going through half of Dreamspinner Press edits for “Ravenscar” (a very professionally done job, by the way, that has only enhanced the story and made me sound like a much better writer) I needed to peel my stomach off the ceiling and find something nice and utterly uninvolving to watch. Something I could listen to and watch and just breathe through.

So, I went to Youtube and typed in relaxation. The above video is what I got (or at least one of the options I got; I do not need to listen to any more rain, thank you very much, I reside in a former swamp. I get enough wet, I promise you).

I share it with you in case you need a few minutes of escape time (or if you’re just sick and tired of winter and could use a couple of hours of toes-in-the-sand time… sand, unfortunately, not provided.)

I’m glad to report that the removal of my internal organs from the ceiling was a success, with no damage to the plaster or my stomach lining.

Other than that, I spent the rest of my work day on Writhe. Ticker from Madness for today is…

                                                   9,000 words (making a total of 30K ready to ship out)

Did you hear that? Should I repeat the NINE THOUSAND WORDS I got buffed and shined today? Perhaps working with a freshly aired intestinal tract is good for me? Or maybe it’s simply the pretend sand between my toes?*lol*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment