Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Heisman High -or- Confession of a FSU Fan-Girl

I spy Jameis Winston #44!
Just back from the baseball game and still buzzing with excitement. Florida State Seminoles 13, Miami Hurricanes 6. Fear the Spear!!

I planted my tiny little butt in the general admission metal bleachers in right field, next to the home bullpen about 20 minutes before first pitch. Perfect timing. By the time the first inning rolled around there was hardly a space to be had in the bleachers. I’ve never seen it so crowded. 

I had to defend my foot of aisle-seat space a time or two, but I let little come in between me and my baseball.

Confession: I kinda played fan-girl for a while before the game.

Jameis Winston, this year’s Heisman Trophy winning quarterback for the National Champion Florida State ‘Noles, is a pitcher with the FSU baseball team. Mr. Winston was busy warming up not twenty feet in front of me for a good ten minutes. It was super cool and I took a ton of pictures (i.e. blatant fan-girl activity). Look up at the top of this post and you’ll find one of my shots.

Later, Winston finished up the game for FSU in the 9th by retiring all three batters he faced.

So, now I’m wiped. Really. You probably couldn’t scrape enough of me off the floor to fill a bucket… See? I don’t even know if that analogy makes sense; worse yet, I’m too pooped to care.

I offer blanket apologies for this entire post.

In writing news, I did get my assigned word count for the day polished and shined up. So, the Ticker from Madness for today stands at…

                                                                              3,000 words!

Tomorrow, back to the Chapter One grindstone. I’ve got to get that thing ironed out until it’s sharp and crisp and smells like it just came back from the dry cleaners…

???

Um, I think it’s time to go, before I really embarrass myself.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe, fan-girl

No comments:

Post a Comment