Thursday, March 20, 2014

As Poseidon Writhes...

Full speed ahead!
As Leslie Nielson is swallowed by a New Year’s wave and an upside down Christmas tree looms dangerously overhead, me, my dog and Frank welcome you to another morning at Chloe’s.

For those of you wondering who Frank is, well, long story short he’s the impending failure of Writhe. He showed up yesterday on my couch, hasn’t left and keeps asking for crumpets… See yesterday’s blog for all the gory details.

Now back to regular programming, which today is 1972’s “The Poseidon Adventure.” One of my all-time favorite disaster movies, this baby is a classic. Gene Hackman, Ernest Borgnine and Shelley Winters (in an amazing performance) all join the mayhem on the doomed ocean liner. Highly recommended piece of film history.

I have mostly recovered from yesterday’s unexpected shot of panic, so onward and upward we go!

While I still don’t have the exact release date for Writhe, I imagine it will be sometime next week or the week after.  So, to get everybody’s blood hot and pleasantly jazzed for my 15th novel’s release, I’ll be tacking on to each post a little goodie I like to call… A Taste of Writhe.

Don’t worry. There will be no clowns, no banners whipping in the breeze. I’m not even expecting any confetti, although a little confetti is always welcome if you feel the need. *grins brightly*

A Taste of Writhe is simply a sentence-sized excerpt from each chapter. You’ll get one a day here (possibly two if the release date leaps up a little quicker than I expected). Tomorrow, the Taste of Writhe will be at the top of each post, but this morning I thought I’d ease you into all the spine-tingling excitement (note the sarcasm here).

So here we go! As is my custom, the first excerpt will be the first sentence of the novel. Please remember that Writhe is a contemporary romance. The past is only visited in the Prologue. Enjoy this tiny taste of Writhe!

Prologue:

“On a bright winter’s day in 1787, Caspar, a boy of just thirteen, stood at the edge of a frozen lake and cried.” (page 1)

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment