Friday, March 21, 2014

A Single Gold Star in My Sky

Even starving artists need to eat (otherwise they’d simply be dead artists, and that’s a whole other Wikipedia category).

While I’m hardly starving and backing up the “artist”-thing would take some willing suspension of disbelief, I too must eat.

Hence, I Targeted this afternoon.

Hence, I’m wiped.

Hence, I got no work done.

Hence, I’m sitting in timeout (metaphorically speaking… which with my screwed up head is way worse than cooling my heels in the corner.)

But even though I’m stuck on a self-punishing / guilt loop, I am here blogging.

Like I promised.

Twice a day, every day.

God help us all.

By the way, Frank’s still on the couch. Yep, the specter of Writhe’s failure is still hanging out at my place and getting fatter by the second. The amount of crumpets that guy shovels in is freaking absurd. (SIDE NOTE: not crazy, see previous posts for all the good times with the Frankster.)

I’m hoping to get some actual writing done this evening, but generally one has to be awake to write and that could prove a problem for a freshly Targeted Chloe.

But I was here on this blog. Admittedly a small accomplishment but one worthy, I hope, of at least one little gold star on the big tote board of life. Some days a single speck of pretend gold is all anyone can ask for.

*sighs*

*Frank rolls his eyes*

Pardon me while I go slap a fat specter silly.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment