Thursday, March 27, 2014

Buzz Denied

As the wait for news on the release of Writhe drags on for another week, I’m finding it hard to concentrate on a single writing project. 

Picture a vertigo-ridden bee in a field of daisies.

That’s me.

Buzz here, buzz there, buzz everywhere. Busy, busy, busy but not a single plant do I seem to pollinate.

*sighs in utter frustration*

Zero work was done on Book Two of “The Lion and the Steed” series. Probably because I’m on pins and needles waiting for the release of Book One. Duh. (“Buzz”)

“Sicily,” my rambunctious little short story for Carina Press, I didn’t dare touch with a ten foot pole today. It needs a little time to sort out its genre identification issues. (“Buzz denied”)

The period drama I’ve been toying around with, I toyed around with a bit more today. (“Buzz, buzz, buzz”)

Based on the true story of six Scotch-Irish brothers who fought for America during the Revolutionary War, this story would certainly stretch my writing muscle. I’ve just got to decide if I’m going to go for it.

I haven’t even gotten far enough in the proposed project to come up with a list of pros and cons for pursuing it. All I’ve got in that area is this…

Pro: Stretching the aforementioned writing muscle while adding another genre to the Chloe Stowe repertoire.

Con: Finding a market for it. I’d have zero idea where to go, how to sell it or even if it would sell. Waste of time perhaps?

*sighs even louder*

*Frank chuckles from his end of the couch*

I’m giving myself until the release date of Writhe to make a decision on it. Of course, it would help if I had some idea when that elusive date was going to be but I’m done whining about that.

I’m a patient woman.

I can wait.

And while I wait, I will buzz.

*smiles tiredly*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment