Friday, March 14, 2014

This can go here, but it can also go there.
LEGOs. Don’t you love them?

Ever since I was a wee one, I’ve loved the little plastic blocks you can plug together in so many weird and wacky ways. But today I’ve gained a whole new appreciation for the tiny, brightly colored fellas.

Why?

This afternoon I realized that I’ve been taking apart and putting back together again my novel Writhe just as if I was playing with a set of LEGO’s (rated NC-17 LEGO’s, but LEGos just the same.)

I started off with a nice, basic erotically-tilting romance. In fact, I had all the pieces for it laid out and written. I even had a good portion of it already put together. All the scenes were ready to be clicked together. Snap, snap, snap! Book is done.

Well…

One little piece didn’t fit just right, so I moved it over a couple of blocks. It looked pretty darned good there, so I let it stay.

But, of course, that meant I had to move a few more blocks around to make the rest fit. Replace a red with a blue, toss in that green I’d been saving for over there and put it over here.

Little by little, my nice basic hot-as-hell “fuck fest” with a sprinkling of romance turned into something else entirely…

Wham, bam, thank you ma’am! and I had a sweet epic romance on my hands.

Not that it isn’t still fiery hot in all the right places, but those spots in between have turned hauntingly bittersweet. Yeah, yeah, all the humor I love to write and the wry repartee is still there in abundance, but the whole fabric of the thing has changed.

Such a big change this far into the game is admittedly weird… but it’s so freaking great I can barely contain myself.

LEGO Party at Chloe’s! Bring your heart, I’ll provide the fire-proof gloves!

*clears throat*

Yes, I believe I’m done here. Everybody is now excused with my sincere apologies for this post.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe, LEGO-girl

No comments:

Post a Comment