Saturday, March 8, 2014

Angels & Chainsaws: The Writer's Lot


There is sun in the panhandle of Florida… Let the angels sing!

Seriously, it’s been almost a week since the sun has done more than peek out and wink weakly at us. This is the Sunshine State, after all. We have a very  symbiotic relationship with the big orange guy in the sky. We need each other. We feed off of each other.  When the clouds of a seemingly endless storm steal one of us from the other, we mourn…

Frankly, it’s a bit creepy.

But, it is what it is (as people are always saying), and I’m just darn glad to have the big, hot blob back!

With the “Ravenscar” edits now returned to Dreamspinner Press, today is totally about Writhe. With the deadline for the novel next Saturday, today will be the last day I “simply” (yeah, right) edit what I’ve already gotten written.

Tomorrow, I will start writing all the connecting scenes, filling out descriptors and smoothing out everything to make the novel flow. I’m aiming for a Colorado River flow. You know, nice tranquil spots as it meanders through the stark beauty of the Grand Canyon, but fierce rapids when you least expect it.

Once I get everything picked over by the end of today, I’m hoping to have a word count in the low 40Ks to work with.

This might require some chopping.

Yeah, forget the pruning. I have a feeling I’ll be heading for the chainsaw with this one. *lol*

But not today.

Today, there will be no destruction. No pruning shears. No axes.

Today, I simply make things pretty… *grins in the glorious Florida sunshine*

Hey, somebody wake up those angels. It’s time to sing again!

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment