Monday, March 17, 2014

Party at the Bus Stop!

Standing at the bus stop, I watch the school bus pull away. My 15th little one is onboard off to the publishing house for its first day. With a trembling hand, Writhe waves back at me as the bus drives out of sight. And “Mommy” dearest cries…

 “PARTY TIME!” and soon, thereafter, “Somebody get this freaking author a beer!”

*Whoops!!*

*Hollers!!*

*Considers doing a black flip, but thinks better of it before permanent injury is had*

Writhe is done! Did you hear? Book One of the “Lion & Steed” Series has its “The End” slapped to its little backside and is out the door.

Just over 47K, the book turned out phenomenally well, I think. SIDE NOTE: My proof reader/beta even agrees. *giggles proudly*

My first romantic mystery is now in the books, so to speak. *winks*

A mystery is darn hard to write. The amount of sifting everything through a fine tooth comb to make sure each detail, no matter how small,  gels with your “And the culprit is…” is exhausting. I’m pooped… but I think I’m a better writer for having done it.

With two more romantic mysteries on contract for this year, I’m hoping Books Two and Three of the Lion & Steed series go a little smoother, at least in the amount of work my poor chainsaw had to put into it.

So, up next, I’ve got to finish filling out the form for the cover. I’ve got all but one part done on that and will have it off to Ravenous Romance this afternoon.

This leaves the dreaded blurb.

Yeah.

Crap.

But I’m not turning that in until tomorrow, so I’m breaking out the Pina Coladas this afternoon and partying hardy (well, as hardy as a girl on meds that won’t really allow her to consume more than a single taste of liquor can party… ah, well, I can pretend to be somewhat normal, can’t I? *grins*)

Until tonight, when the posts will finally get back to truly readable…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment