Sunday, March 9, 2014

Into the Trenches with Angel Eyes


Sometimes it’s best if Mr. Lee Van Cleef does not join you for breakfast or for any meal as a matter of fact.

While I go all googly-eyed over Van Cleef in “For a Few Dollars More,” his Angel Eyes in “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” is a touch discomfiting… especially when staring at him from across a dining table. (For those of you not “in the know,” Angel Eyes is The Bad of the title trio. First scene of his: killing his mark over a meal in the guy’s kitchen.)

So, pardon me if I don’t ask Mr. Van Cleef to join us for waffles this morning despite his Angel Eyes presence on my television screen. We’ll just nod to him politely from time to time, always prepared to duck.

I thought the third of Sergio Leone’s “Dollars Trilogy” would be an appropriate background for my first full day in the Writhe trenches.

Seven days to finish Book One of the “Lion & Steed” series.

And first up on the day’s agenda is the dreaded, oft-cursed Chapter One. By this evening’s blog I should have it done.

Should.

But I put nothing past that scoundrel of a chapter.

Wish me luck. I’ve got a knot the size of a watermelon in my stomach, so I guess I’m ready to get this battle going… I’m thinking Chapter One’s going to love ol’ Angel Eyes. *winks*

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment