Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Creeping Crazies of Waiting for a Release

Chapter Five:
“By all rights, then, the bundle of nerves currently wedged and squiggling profanely in Brevyn’s lower abdomen should not have been present. There should not have been one tremor in his hands as he held Samuel’s face and kissed Samuel’s gorgeous though now shaded brown eyes.” (Writhe, page 45)

May I offer you a glass of milk? Orange juice? A dash of vodka we’ll tell nobody about?

Serving up such a huge mouthful of Writhe demands refreshment.  A good hostess would know this and offer drinks before the hardy appetizer’s arrival. Alas, instead of a good hostess you only have me.

A true bummer, I agree.

*chuckles*

 Nonsense aside, I’m still waiting on the cover and the release date for Writhe. Surprisingly, I have been able to retain a modicum of sanity through this wait.

Applause is welcome here.

Meanwhile Frank (the specter of Writhe’s imminent failure) has gone strangely quiet on his end of the couch. He hasn’t uttered a word of derision in over a day.

I feared (hoped to high heaven) that he was dead at one point late last night. So I poked him with a stick.

He yelped.

I yelped.

The dog rolled her eyes.

And life went back to what passes as normal at Chloe’s.

*sighs quite dramatically*

Normal today will consist of my obsessive checking of my work email a dozen times an hour (when it gets to a dozen times a minute we’ll know that modicum of sanity is out the door… at that point, please run.)

Besides pandering to my mania, I’ll be putting in some more time with Book Two of “The Lion and the Steed” series (with all belief that Book One will very soon be published, will thrive in the madhouse of the romance market and succeed beyond my wildest dreams… Jeez, even my positive thinking sounds crazy *lol*.)

One of my other projects will also see work time today but I haven’t quite decided which yet.

Feeding Frank his freaking crumpets will also eat up a chunk of the day. Starving the foul beast until he withers and dies is always an option, I suppose. But I don’t need Frank going all undead and haunting me any more than the creep always does…

*shakes head at utter absurdity of the creeping craziness*

I think I’ll take that dash of vodka now.

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment