Saturday, March 15, 2014

Blue-Balling a Story & Other Bad, Bad Things

“Deadline is Monday morning.”

“Deadline is Monday morning.”

“Deadline is…”

Yeah, you get the picture.

I’ve got this playing on a loop in my head.  Surprisingly, it’s not because panic is nearing, but because I keep having to tell myself to slow down, to take it easy and make Writhe great. While I always try my very best to make everything I write “great,” the “slow down” part is a little new for me at this point in the operation.

Word count, for once, is not going to be a problem. I’ve still got some major chainsaw action to do, but I’m learning to wield the big guy pretty well. (Note to self: Aspirations of lumberjacking career back in play. *lol*)

Do you know how tired I am talking about this? Probably not nearly as tired as you are reading about it, right?

*sighs*

Have faith. The mania and screwiness of deadline jitters will be over soon…

“Deadline is Monday morning.”

“Deadline is Monday morning.”

“Deadline is…”

Got it? Good. *winks*

By Tuesday morning, this blog will return to its normal more broad weirdness. I’ve got a stack of Chloe Reviews just waiting to be written up. The sharing of my poor Scrying Seeds (story ideas based on historical fact) must be caught up and the blogger responsible suitably chastised (I do an awesome chastising of myself.) And we can’t forget dear “Sicily,” my short story aimed at Carina Press. It’s been begging for some action this entire last week. I do hate blue-balling a story.  

*sighs*

Soon, folks. Very soon. Because…

“Deadline is Monday morning.”

“Deadline is Monday morning.”

“Deadline is…”

I’ll shut up now.

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment