Wednesday, March 5, 2014

When the Thunder Rolls... The Approach of a Writer's Deadline

It’s far too rainy to be creative, clever, quaint or, God forbid, cheery. May this serve as a warning for anything that might happen below.

*winks wryly*

Another day of editing is planned. Fortunately, I have not reached the slash and burn stage quite yet, although it is coming soon (like a thunderhead in the west, all you can do is watch it lumber toward you and prepare to take shelter when the tornado sirens sing).

To continue with the analogy (an analogy which is painfully trite and common, but appropriate for a day in which I’m feeling a bit masochistic), once the storm of cutting scenes is past and only destruction and half-standing houses remain, it is the work of rebuilding I most fear.

Suring up the scenes that are left with fresh and potentially rushed construction is never fun. If the hysteria I spoke of in last night’s post is to come, it will come then…

Goody.

In other news, that requires no tired metaphors, I’m tickled to find another of my novels (Torched, this time) has re-entered Ravenous Romance’ Top Selling Ten. While I realize this tiny little jolt to my ego is fleeting and probably silly, I’ll enjoy my pleasure where I can take it on a soggy morning such as this.

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this before, so I’ll mention it again. I have joined not only Romance Writers of America, I have also joined my first chapter of RWA. Rainbow Romance Writers is a home for we purveyors of lgbt romance.

So, two professional organizations I now claim membership in… that probably shouldn’t make me feel quite as proud as I do, but, again, I’ll take it with a childish grin.

I believe I’ve babbled enough for this morning. I don’t know if I’ve added to or taken away from the gray of the day, but at least I’ve done something… Some days, that’s all a writer can ask of themselves.

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment