Friday, March 21, 2014

A Taste of Lions and Spring

Spring is here!
Chapter One:

“Suddenly, Sam had the desperate, irrational idea that his life had just changed, that there was no turning back from this single, incomprehensible instant in time.” (Writhe, page 6)

Welcome to Friday!

It’s the first day of spring.

The squeak of sneakers on hardwood attest that college basketball’s March Madness is indeed here.

The sound of a line drive off a Louisville slugger, the sweet “Pop!” when ball hits leather are both so near close your eyes and you can almost hear the feverish buzz of baseball’s Opening Day. A day in which perennial losers are in first place and dreams of October glory are within all of our reaches.

Spring is here and I, for one, am thrilled. (Could you tell? *lol*)

I hope you enjoyed your tiny “Taste of Writhe” above. Think of it as an amuse bouche, a single perfect bite of flavor to awaken your taste buds for the meal ahead… Well, obviously we can throw the “perfect” part out the window, but you get the idea.

To catch you up on my work yesterday, I got another 250 words done on Book Two of “The Lion & the Steed” series. Admittedly, that’s just a drop in the bucket of what will eventually need to be done, but I like to ease my way into new projects. Tiptoe through the story’s fields for a while before setting up camp in the tale’s hills and valleys. (Yeah, that’s probably a Chloe-only thing. Take with a grain of salt, all you newbie writers.)

More work was done on “Sicily” yesterday. The way I’ve structured the short story now there are five major characters (the two would-be lovers, a mother, and two surprise guests). I want to flesh them out a bit more in my head before I start putting out the big word counts. I’ve got a lot of story and feelings to pack into the planned 15K. I’m needing clean, crisp scenes packed with heat. Got to go into this story loaded for bear… Hmm, I’m a Cubs fan, I wonder if that will help? *chuckles*

I think I’ll leave you there for this morning. Go and enjoy the first day of spring!

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment