Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Blame the Blurb

I’ve got nothing.

I stumbled bleary-eyed to the blog cupboard this morning and found it bare. Not even a crumb of an idea has been left lying about.

It’s ironic after all these days of pushing out blogs with a rush-rush mentality (needing to get back to Writhe, needing to give my brain a moment’s timeout where words didn’t exist), that when I’ve finally got the time to dive into writing a great blog all I can manage is a painful belly flop.

SMACK!!

All flailing arms and zero coordination, I slap the water’s surface and the whole world turns away and winces.

Ouch.

I think it’s time I crawl out of the pool this morning, find a towel, dry off, maybe grab some toast. Hmm, butter never hurts a situation.

Before you go, if you don’t mind, I’d like to lay all blame of this post fiasco on the unwritten blurb lurking ahead in my day. Yes, the back cover teaser for Writhe has to be written today. As you well know, I don’t enjoy blurbing it. In fact, I might even despise it a little.

*taps finger ponderously on chin*

*wonders if she can get away with it?*

*decides she has no shame and goes for it…*

Definitely, the unwritten blurb is at fault! Not me. The little brain cell sucker must have slipped into my kitchen last night while I slept and scoffed up every morsel of imagination I had tucked away for rainy days and blogs…

*grins triumphantly*

Yep, blame the blurb.

Until tonight…

Chloe, the belly flopper

No comments:

Post a Comment