Thursday, March 13, 2014

All Hands on Deck: The Deadline Looms

It’s dark. The sun hasn’t risen. My brain hasn’t fired past the point of “Walk downstairs. Turn on lights.” But here I am. Take me for what I am this ungodly early Thursday morning: a crumpled lump of romance writer.

*slaps face*

*yelps a little*

*feels better*

Alright. Let’s get this show on the road, shall we? We’ve got a lot of work to do today, but we’ve got the imagination and the writing prowess to handle it. There is no deadline we can’t meet (now that said-deadline has been moved to Monday). There is no growing panic we can’t beat back with a stick (and a handful of potent meds).

We can do this.

We can do this!

WE CAN DO THIS!!

*slaps face*

*yelps*

*gets crap back together*

Apologies.

A cheerleader is not what is needed here.

A writer is called for, a purveyor of words and feelings, a spinner of yarns with the grammatical balls to pull off a bestseller.

I’ve got the skills.

I’ve got the spine.

Now, it’s time to see what this bad girl can do!

(Because it’s pretty freaking obvious this bad girl can’t blog this morning… *lol*)

I hope this at least brought a smile to your face, more than the stinging handprint it brought to mine.

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment