Saturday, April 5, 2014

This is Not Candyland

Frank.
You will all be relieved to know that my day has turned out considerably better than it had begun (see this morning’s blog for the foulness).

Frank has freshened up. The air freshener I’ve tied around his neck no doubt helped rectify that potentially stinky problem. (SIDE NOTE: Frank is the specter of my imminent failure, i.e. not real. That makes him no less of a jerk however.)

My dog has grown disturbingly furry and needs a trim. Her groomer, though, is seven hours away and not getting any closer for at least the next two weeks. When the fur grows long, the temper grows short. It will be an interesting April in Chloe-land.

Pissed-off dog.

Foul-mouthed ghoul.

Nuttier-by-the-day me.

The trifecta of freak and fun.

Anyhow…

I haven’t given you a writing update lately so here it goes.

Book Two of “The Lion and the Steed” Series is moving along jauntily. If only Book One (you remember dear sweet Writhe, don’t you?) would come out this next week, Book Two might even begin to frolic off my fingers. By the way in Chloe-speak, frolic > jaunt.

“Sicily” has been stagnating in the corner of my mind the last few days. I plan to return to that short story aimed for Carina Press after Writhe’s premier on the bookstands of the world.

Research on my “Six Brothers” American Revolution-era anthology has been taking up the bulk of my post-Book Two time, as I try very hard not to obsess over Writhe’s nearing release.

Have you noticed a theme here?

OCD tendencies have a tendency to give life a lot of such weird themes…. Ah, but that’s a screwed up discussion for another blog.

Today’s blog is done.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Chloe-land.

Enjoy your Saturday night, everyone!

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment