Thursday, April 24, 2014

Bring in the Bats

Big news in the Chloe Stowe literary world! Not quite as earth shaking as the goings-on in “Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla” which is currently wreaking poorly done havoc on my television screen, but news that is momentous in its own non-catastrophic way.

I heard back from the literary agent I had that lead on!

She understands that I want to go more mainstream in my writing with the help of an agent. And she wants to see any projects I’m working on!!!

(SIDE NOTE: The excessive use of exclamation points in this post is absolutely called for and will most likely be rather garish. Pardon.)

I’m excited, stunned, nervous and nauseous… and frankly I have no idea what to do next. *lol*

Should I bombard her with all my current projects (i.e. my m/m short story “Sicily,” my f/m romance thriller The Sun and the Sand Cat, and my mainstream historical fiction “Six Brothers”) and finished projects waiting to find a home (i.e. my f/m historical romance novella To Steal the Sunrise, etc.)?

Or should I be more circumspect, just giving a broad sense of what I’d hope to work on in the future and just ask for advice? (Not seeing me going this route, just saying. I’m not going to waste this opportunity.)

What are literary agents generally looking for? Do you send a work’s outline, its synopsis, the first three chapters or the whole thing if you’ve got it?

This is going to take some research.

This will probably also take an air-sick bag.

Tonight, I’m just going to concentrate on breathing, keeping my stomach from crawling up my throat and working on keeping the nuts in the backroom of my mind from going too batty.

Tall order, ain’t it?

*grins*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment