Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Need for Motivation

With the weather clearing and a new month on the doorstep, it’s time to get back to clocking some serious daily word counts.

I’ve calculated it out (and sprained some rarely used math muscles) that if I write 750 words on “The Lion and the Steed” series Book Two, the novel will be done and nicely fat for its July 1 deadline.

Now, I’ve just got to get back in the mood. *chuckles sadly*

With Writhe’s release still being delayed for reasons I’m not entirely sure of, I’m finding it kind of hard to get enthused about writing its follow up… and I hate that.

Really, really hate that.

*grrrs*

*my dog looks at me and rolls her eyes*

But the work will be done and it will be done with style and grace, damn it!

*snickers*

It’s going to be hard putting the “Six Brothers” project on the backburner though. I’ve gotten really cozy with the story (and am desperately afraid that the literary agent will shoot the idea down with a laughing “You silly, silly girl.”)

Not to mention The Sun and the Sand Cat Romance Thriller which I waded back into for the agent query.  Now that I’ve gotten my feet wet again in that story, I’m having to force myself not to dive right back into it.

And then there’s poor “Sicily,” my genre-conflicted short story that has been terribly neglected…

*shrieks in utter frustrations*

*dog leaves the room*

Ok, enough of all this whining!

 I am blessed to have all these projects to work on and the time and opportunity to do so… would somebody please embroider that onto a pillow and whack me on the face with it a couple dozen times until I finally freaking get it?

Thank you.

I’d appreciate that very much.

*smiles and goes to find my dog*

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment