Friday, April 11, 2014

Strafed in Stilettos

http://www.hibridal.com/wedding-shoes/2454-silver-celebrities-love-super-high-heels-sparkle-prom-shoes.html

I’m skirting the quicksand today.

In heels.

Blindfolded.

With a phantom case of vertigo strafing the stupid path.

In other words, I’m just this side of depressed for no reason whatsoever.

Hate that.

Just saying.

My down moods are like big cavernous holes clearly marked on the map. I usually know how to avoid them. I know which directions of thought to steer clear of. Everybody has those places that they simply don’t go. (Don’t they?)

But sometimes a giant sinkhole swallows up the path I’m so carefully treading, forcing me to do some mighty fancy footwork to avoid bellyflopping into the dark, sticky muck.

This is fancy footwork time.

Oh, how I wish for a touch of Fred Astaire in my step.

Writing projects have taken a backseat today. (Yes, I realize this is a car analogy, an erratic break from the hiking allusion I’d been referencing from the start, but sometimes erratic breaks just have to happen. And when they do happen you’re just giddy to find the crack-up occurred on the page and not in the already flailing grey matter in the skull. *lol*)

Needless to say, I have stayed well clear of the galley proof for “Ravenscar.” I’ll head on down that side road tomorrow. Hopefully by then the stilettos will be kicked off, the vertigo will be returned to Hitchcok and the blindfold will be back at home in the play drawer. *winks*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment