Saturday, April 26, 2014

Into Africa

To nobody’s surprise, the creative juices are still damned up in my head.

No story writing has taken place today.

Not a single, solitary word.

However (and this might be my brain’s saving grace), I have gotten considerable work done on the project package I’ll be sending to the literary agent on Monday.

Yeah, me!

(Tooting one’s own horn is an acceptable practice in a writer’s life. It is. Really.)

I have jazzed up the query letter, the synopsis and I’m currently working on perfecting the first three chapters of The Sun and the Sand Cat, my f/m Romance Thriller set in modern day West Africa. I have 40k written on the novel (about 2/3 to ¾ of the expected total word count). This is the book I had planned to use to launch my new and final pen name of Cora Douglas Sands. I think it’s good. I guess we’ll see about that.

It’s amazing how much one’s writing improves just through the process of writing. I last worked on The Sun and the Sand Cat (www.coradouglassands.com) last year and while I believe it was the best I’ve written up to that point, I read through it now and see how many places I can tweak it to make it just a tiny bit better.

Hopefully, all those “tiny bits” gleaned from years of writing will finally pay off. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please.

I am currently fighting through a headache the size and breadth of Ben Hur, so I will be keeping this short tonight.

Consider the brevity a gift from me to you.

You’re welcome.

*winks*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment