Friday, April 11, 2014

12 Hungry Men

It’s crowded this morning at Chloe’s.

Besides my usual companions (one four-legged, one ghoul), I’ve got “12 Angry Men” piled into my little kitchen.

Fussing and fuming, Jack Warden and Jack Klugman are two of the many disagreeing on every point made by the intrepid Henry Fonda.  The only point they seem to agree upon is that my miniscule kitchen in Florida is a gazillion times better than their jury room in 1957 New York City.

Frank tends to disagree with them as the 12 angry men are also 12 hungry men who are eating Frank’s crumpets. (For the long history of my specter of imminent failure’s crumpet kink please see previous blogs.)

Of actual note this morning, last night I received the proof galley for “Ravenscar” from Dreamspinner Press! I have until April 14th to get it back to them. It is so exciting!...

In fact, it is so exciting that I haven’t yet had the guts to look at it.

*sheepishly grins as I pop some more Prozac*

Excitement = Panic in my world.

All the same wires in my brain get smoking when either something really good or something even a little bad happens. (We won’t discuss the times the circuits start crackling and popping with no outside stimuli whatsoever. Frankly that’s just a little creepy. *shivers*)

Anyhow, by tonight I should have enough nerve scraped together to have looked at the galley. I will report all findings to you as per out full disclosure agreement… I bet you’re regretting that decision right about now, ain’t ya? *lol*

Alright, time to get to work… or, in my case, off to begin the maniacal worry I have scheduled for today.

My dad will be hurling through the skies this afternoon at breakneck speeds.

My mom is off to the doctor’s for her annual physical.

And I’m shoving the sofa against the front door, trying my damnedest to keep the freaking “What if?” panic from huffing and puffing and blowing itself in.

*eyes the kitchen and the masculine poundage within*

Hmm… I wonder how much Jack Klugman weighs?

*claps hands together in glee as an idea is born*

“Alright, gentlemen. Dog pile on the couch at the front door!”

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment