Friday, April 18, 2014

Just the Wrong Side of Good

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1925435/?ref_=rvi_tt
"Frankenstein's Army" (2013)
If a distance runner hits the proverbial wall, what does a writer hit?

I’m sure there’s some kind of cute answer for this. Possibly a joke I’ve been remiss in keeping close at hand? Whatever the answer is I hit it this afternoon with a loud and ungainly “SPLAT!”

It was, shall we say, messy.

There are Chloe-leavings everywhere and I don’t know how I’m ever going to get myself out of the carpet. *chuckles*

Surprisingly, I had already completed the 500 word quota on Book Two of “The Lion and the Steed” series before the “SPLAT!”

With that accomplishment tucked into my back pocket, after the wall incident I figured it would be Ok to surrender a few hours to a horror movie. I hadn’t allowed myself that in weeks.

Before everybody starts crowding the exits, I am not going to force a Chloe Review down your throats this afternoon.

*the world heaves a collective sigh*

I will pretend not to have heard that. 

Anyway, I will just tell you that the movie’s title was “Frankenstein’s Army.” Made in 2013 it was imaginative if not particularly good. The reason I mention it at all is this…

I’d like to give huge kudos to whoever decided to NOT go the CGI route with the monsters (probably the director/writer, Richard Raaphorst.) That decision took balls and was by far the best thing about the movie. The whole film had a quirky though menacing steampunk-feel to it. Monster movie fans should definitely have a look at this creepy spectacle just the wrong side of good.

See, that wasn’t so bad, was it?

Now, I will gather my splattered remains and leave you to your Friday night. Have a great one, folks!

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment