Friday, April 18, 2014

Straddling the Line

With four inches of rain expected today, I have curled up on the couch with my ever-present and ever-furry pup and settled myself down for a good, long write.

I’ve gotten off to a fine start at that already. At 6am, dog and I arose and wrote my under 300 word biography for Dreamspinner Press.

Finding words to put to my screwed up life is harder than you’d expect. Straddling the line between confidence and pathos is tricky, especially when you’re trying to get somebody to want to read more of what you write.

*sighs*

Well, we’ll see how that effort turns out in June when “Ravenscar” hits the world.

Now to more exciting matters…

In my last post I told you of the golden egg that was delivered to me in the midst of the hacking of my email account. Now that I’ve had time to wrap my head around it, here are a few more of the details.

A woman who used to be part owner of one of the publishing houses I have written for several years ago responded to my blanket email warning everyone that my account had been hacked.

Besides thanking me for the warning, she told me that she had been hoping to reconnect with me. She has run a literary agency out of New York for years. She has just hired an agent who specializes in e-publishing. This agent has had some major successes in her career. Anyhow, the owner of the agency told me that she thinks I would be a good fit for this agent and that I should contact her as she’s looking for a few more clients.

EEEEK!!!

Yes, I still have the “EEEEK!”s from last night.

Anyhow, I think this is huge. This is a toe in the door to the agency world! And I’m shoving both feet in it. *lol*

Who knows if this will actually lead anywhere, but it sure has gotten my blood pumping.

And a good pump is always nice to have on rainy days like these.

*winks*

Until tonight…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment