Sunday, April 13, 2014

Rocking the Author's Party Bus

Ladies and gentlemen, the cowardly lion has now left the building!

*thunderous applause courtesy of my dog*

I have open, checked and approved the galley proof for “Ravenscar”… finally. “Better late than never” is bound to be scribbled on my tombstone. *rolls eyes*

Well, damn the details, right? It’s done, I’m still on the good side of sane, and the final copy of the short story looks freakin’ awesome.  What more could a girl ask of the cosmos-at-large?

*takes a deep, freeing breath*

*relaxes*

Next week, I’m heading back into known waters.

Book Two of “The Lion and the Steed” series will have its daily word quote doubled to 500.

“Sicily,” the genre-impaired short story aimed at Carina Press, will have its first daily word quota tied around its troublesome little neck. Going lightweight to start though. A 100 word target will suffice for the first week.

Meanwhile, the “Six Brothers” project will, alas, be pushed to the back of the Chloe Stowe bus. (Although I hear there have been some wild times in the back rows of this old Greyhound. Characters will no doubt be beefed up back there. *lol*)

If I don’t hear anything from Ravenous Romance by midweek about the release or the cover of Writhe I guess I’ll have to write my publisher and see what’s going on. If I hadn’t published 14 novels with Ravenous before I wouldn’t be so antsy, but since I know how things usually go (they go very quickly at Ravenous) I don’t think anybody could blame me for nudging.

Right?

Needless to say, I’m crap at nudging.

Maybe I need to go hang out at the back of my bus for a while? Party hardy with the brothers for a spell? Heck, that would toughen up even the daintiest of teacups…

Ok, I just compared myself to a teacup.

A teacup?

WTF?

I’m going to bed.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment