Sunday, April 27, 2014

Binge-Watching the Weather Channel


*steps up to the microphone*

*clears throat*

*with a stern face and a no-nonsense voice begins”

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, it’s time we have a serious talk about weather.

And I’m not talking rainbows, snow flurries or late summer drizzle.

I’m speaking of fist-sized hail, bastardly winds and “strong, long-track” tornadoes (as the National Weather Service likes to call the very best twisters).

I’m talking about weather bearing down on dozens of millions of people.

I’m talking about weather bearing down on me.

*stops and ever so slyly checks pulse*

*frowns*

*breathes in and out… in and out…*

No, I’m not panicking. Being a girl with a 20 year old panic disorder, I know a panic when I see one.

This, friends, is rational concern heightened by my recent experience (hello, tornado outbreak of April 2011 when we lost power for FIVE freaking days!) and a dastardly imagination that often does not do a body good.

Currently, I’m binge watching the Weather Channel, while the school systems one by one cancel classes and all activities tomorrow.

“Ring around the rosie, a pocket of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down.”

The fact that this is circling my head like some kind of buzzard on the scent of soon-to-be fresh storm-kill isn’t very encouraging for either my mental health (which was, as you know, tenuous at best) or this blog.

Speaking of this blog, I plan on posting throughout the severe weather outbreak whenever I have power and internet. If I happen to miss a post I hope you won’t hold it against me.

Mother Nature can be a real bitch and I tremble cowardly in her path.

*giggles nervously*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment