Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Strapping and Young

A new rose in my garden today.
The pollen’s been cruel today.

Bitter.

Relentless.

Conniving.

*Frank rolls his eyes*

Between blows of my much abused nose, I explain to the specter of imminent failure sitting at the end of my couch, “The pen is mightier than the sword. Since I can’t run the bastardly specks of pollen through I will impale them with wickedly sharp words! The little buggers won’t know what hit them.”

*attempts a maniacal, Attila the Hun-like laugh…*

*sneezes, instead*

Anyway…

I’ve gotten zero work done today. Nada. Zilch. Nothing.

No research.

No writing.

No outlining.

No plotting.

The author Chloe Stowe has been a complete and utter failure this afternoon. (Frank’s had a field day, needless to say.)

However, the gardener Chloe Stowe has been as busy as the proverbial bee.

Damn the pollen!

To hell with the allergies!

This woman and her Kleenex box tackled two tomatillos and six hibiscus, tucking them confidently into the soil, knowing I had raised them from seed and reared them to the strong, vibrant plants they are today!... (SIDE NOTE: The previous statement might contain a certain level of exaggeration; this blog is not responsible for such inaccuracies. Thank you and have a nice day.)

Now that my blog has turned against me, I think I will retire for the rest of the day. I leave you with evidence of my obvious successes in the garden.

Judge for thyself.

*Frank snickers*

*I chuck the Kleenex box at his stinking head*

Until tomorrow…

Chloe and her sneezes
 
Carmine Sweet Pepper.

Three Hibiscus plants.

Two strapping, young Tomatillos. *lol*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment