Monday, October 20, 2014

The Messy Particulars

Pardon the clinking and clanking.

The occasional “Crash!” and “Oh, damnation!” should also be ignored.

Nothing alarming going on here. I’m just rooting around in the china cabinet, trying to dig out a table setting for twelve.

With the Six Brothers project moving in for an extended stay (shooting for 100K words here), I’m struggling to make room for twelve major players taking up residence in my head.

Six brothers. Six significant others. All of varying heft in the storyline I have successfully pitched to my literary agent…. That’s a couple of minivans worth of personalities. And when a girl is used to driving a sports car for two, with an occasional antagonist crowded into the backseat, the change is daunting to say the least.

So, today is “Let’s move your asses in and I’ll figure out all the messy particulars later” day.

Messy particulars include how I’m going to feed these people.

I just hope nobody minds sharing forks.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment