Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Raiding Sicily

Remember April.

Go ahead. I’ll wait.

*pauses as calendars are flipped back, a whole summer wiped away and fresh slates are dealt in baseball*

Way back then, if you’ll recall, I was busy working on a storyline for a short story I simply called “Sicily.”

It was to be submitted to Dreamspinner and Harlequin’s Carina Press. Well, the Six Brothers project (Revolutionary War era mainstream romance which I will begin writing October 16, to the hearty applause of my literary agent, I might add. *grins*) happened and “Sicily” was relegated to the far back burner.

Well, now that my writing career is about to turn solely mainstream (i.e. the traditional f/m romance), all the work I had done on “Sicily” I feared was lost.

Wrong.

Yesterday, as I continued the final push on Quiver (only 7k to go, by the way), I found myself raiding “Sicily” and absconding rather giddily with its main plot point!

Sheepishly I admit, it was a tee-tiny bit glorious.

As all writers have experienced, so often when half-baked projects are forced to be left behind all that work is abandoned and sadly lost.

Not this time.

*smiles, still giddy*

Yes, it was a bit glorious, indeed.

Until tomorrow…

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment